Wednesday, June 23, 2010

U.S. Landmarks WebQuest

Click here to view the WebQuest


I created a WebQuest for my 2nd grade students for U. S. Landmarks in Washington D.C.. The students can work in pairs or small groups to complete this WebQuest. I will try to pair up stronger readers with weaker readers because some of the reading is challenging. In addition, I may have a parent volunteer help the students with some of the reading in this WebQuest. Students can also work with older students or parents at home. After the children complete the WebQuest they will sign up to give a brief presentation. Each student will choose one of the landmarks they read about and tell the class two facts they learned and why it is their favorite landmark in Washington D.C.. Students will be graded on their presentation using a rubric which is found in the WebQuest. The teacher will go over the rubric before the students begin the WebQuest. A copy of the rubric will also be given to the students and their parents before their presentations and a final rubric will be given out as their final grade. This will be a speaking and listening grade as well as a social students grade.

I have a new appreciation for webquests. This project took a lot of time and energy. I also ran into difficultly when the readability level of the websites was much higher than my students. The next time I make a Webquest I would work on the process/tasks part first and then work backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment