Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Virtual Tour of Continents and Animals

Click here for the Virtual Tour


I created this virtual tour of the continents and animals to review the 7 continents with my second graders and to learn about one animal that is native to that continent. My second graders will take the virtual tour with partners or in groups and answer the question at each continent that they stop at. The students will share other information that they found out about the animals and discuss in groups what they thought about the animals.

Google Earth is so easy to use and making a virtual tutor is so easy and fun. I can see myself using this in my classroom as an introduction to a unit or as a cumulative lesson to see what the students have learned. One thing that people need to know is that they have to have Goggle Earth installed on their computer to view this virtual tour. When viewing my virtual tour make sure to check mark the box on the folder for my tour on thel eft hand side of the screen so the pins and websites appear during the tour.

I am going to make up more virtual tours for other topics in science and social studies to incorporate technology into my classroom.

2 comments:

  1. Great Idea! There is a lot to do with Google Earth, a lot more than I ever knew and I think this is a great lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your students would really enjoy this!

    ReplyDelete